Friday, October 24, 2014

Windows 10 Design Concept

Yet again I have made another design for you to judge. I think this one looks a bit better. I drew inspiration from the image leaked previously (below) and also from OSX (the shadows and the navigation pane because it's probably the clearest implementation of a navigation pane I've seen thus far in an OS).

At first I didn't think I'd like having no taskbar, but the buttons retain the rectangular shape so it's almost as if the taskbar is still present. The task view has been moved to the right next to the notifications button.

Notice that there is a TABS button in File Explorer (circle to the right). I understand that a lot of people want this and I think it would be a cool feature to have. It would work similar to how metro Internet Explorer displays tabs, but you would be able to click and drag them into their own windows if you wanted to.

Also notice that I have moved the ellipses (...) from the top left of metro windows to a button in line with the minimize, maximize, and close buttons. I think this makes sense design-wise and because it should be implemented in every app. This button would then give users access to different charms and advanced options as the developer wishes. The hamburger menu button simply shows and hides the navigation pane.


(Click to enlarge)




















What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment