Monday, March 3, 2014

OneDrive/File Explorer Integration [Update]

Here are some more photos of some improved ideas from the feedback I got:
(Click images to enlarge)
  • I think it's a good idea to keep the background a greyish color just to white previews of documents look OK.
 
  • Upon right-clicking you get the address bar on top and the navigation bar on the bottom.
 
  • You can then click on the arrow to get more options, including access to the folders within, frequent folders, and recent files within that particular area.
  • I think that it is important to have something with more flexibility for navigating through folders. I included this because if the navigation pane is removed by default with respect to touch devices, I think it would be a good idea to have another method for navigating to your folders.
 
  • Here sows the settings charm open with the "file, home, share, and view" menus.
  • Some of these settings I don't think are going to play nicely with the settings charm (i.e. File including cut and paste) as some of them aren't really settings, but rather they more so belong as a right click menu. Overall, I agree that it's best to put them here.
 
  • Lastly, this shows the view setting open, which plays nicely with the metro interface.
  • As can be seen, I included options to pin the Navigation pane and Address bar for those who want it. Also, I included a way to change the default scroll direction to accommodate for traditional desktop users.
  • Some of the accommodations are a bit awkward and don't quite flow with metro completely, but I think that they are necessary inclusions.
I think it would be cool to have an "editing dot thing" like in the OneNote app for OneDrive (as mentioned in the comments below). I'm not sure how this would work, but I think it would work well and look good too!
 
Let me know what you think about these additions!
Does anybody else have any ideas for the other settings sections?

No comments:

Post a Comment